Not the best book when you're going though a big life change as it has taken me two months to read this while packing, making lists, and making decisions. However, Galbraith has written another intriguing Strike and Robin book that took my attention away from my problems.
Five quick thoughts:
1. Matthew, Robin's fiancee, is kinda loathsome. In fact, I don't see how this is going to last with them.
2. More background on both Robin and Strike. Which made this book feel even darker and violent. Definitely need something a bit light-hearted in the next installment.
3. Go ahead and load Blue Oyster Cult into your favorite music player. It's the background to the book.
4. Really glad Strike's relationship goes the way it did in this book. What is up with him and the women he date?
5. Read this series in order. You'll come to love these characters and get more out of this book.